Setting intentions is one of my favorite things ever. I started intuitively doing this about 6 months ago for all of these things I’ve listed below, and then some. I’ve noticed a significant shift in the energy of my day. And when I do something, especially with others, and forget to set an intention, the energy just goes all over the place and it’s not always a fun time. I might pick up someone’s negative emotion and run with it and then end up complaining etc. But when I set intentions beforehand, I have found that it ALWAYS works to my advantage. This works with everything and anything.
We are so much more powerful than we have been taught to believe we are!
Try it out and see what’s possible for you.
Ideas for specific setting intentions:
- Eat mindfully, savor each bite. Set an intention for what you want your food to bring to your body. Example: My intention is for my body to take in all of the nutrients from this food and gently release the parts that don’t serve me. I fill this food with white golden light of healing and love. I am so grateful, thank you.
- Medicine. Set the intention for your vitamins/supplements/medicine before you take them to create balance and harmony within your body and align you with vibrant health. Example for a specific ailment: I set the intention for this medicine to heal and soothe my throat of any discomfort. I fill it with white golden light of vibrant health to balance my throat chakra. Then visualize the medicine actually being filled with the white golden light and glowing with healing energy before you take it.
- Meditation. Set the intention for what you want to release and attract throughout your meditation. Example: My intention is to release the anxiety that is coming up and feel grounded in love and abundance through this meditation practice.
- Complete one task at a time. Set the intention that you are going to finish this task before moving to something else and that you will feel satisfied, clear, and accomplished when complete.
- Remove excess noise, embrace silence. Set the intention of your body relaxing and calming down without distracting noises.
- Focus on your senses. Example: Set the intention while going on a walk to stay in the present moment. Slow down, take deep breathes, touch a tree, feel the ground with your feet (barefoot is ideal), smell a flower or the woodsy air, see all of the abundance that surrounds you, feel the balance and peace that nature brings you.
- Move your body. Set the intention to do something to move your body that you enjoy and how you would like to feel during/afterwards. A walk, run, dance, play with your dog, clean your house, qi gong, yoga, kayaking, swimming. Whatever it is that you enjoy doing. Example: I set the intention with this walk to release the fear I’m feeling and move into balance and peace. As I walk let the fear move down into the earth to be transmuted into love for the good of all.
- Spend time with friends/partner/family/coworkers. Set the intention of what you want to feel during the interaction. Example: My intention during this date is to feel connection, clear communication, lots of laughter, and bliss states of joy for us both.
- Sending a client email. Set the intention before you hit send, for whatever you want to come across to your client and/or what you want to attract. Example: With this email I set the intention for my client and I to have a positive interaction. For them to meet me with understanding, respect, and clear communication. Then you can visualize your email going to them with a white golden light of these positive emotions and sending them rays of light, love, abundance. Whatever it is you are wanting to accomplish.
- Self Care. When you are doing self care practices you can set the intention that you want to bring more love and acceptance into your body by showing your body love and taking care of it. Example: With this practice (name what you are doing), I set the intention for my body to feel nourished, healthy, and accepted.
- Showering. Set the intention for the water to be filled with light and cleansing energy and as the water falls over you it washes away all negative energy you have accumulated from the day or previous day. Filling you up with whatever emotions you would like to experience instead.
These are just some examples but you can do this with literally everything in your life, down to the smallest thing.
I will note that if you are setting an intention to release something, it’s important to replace it with something else.
If you don’t you may be leaving yourself vulnerable to be filled back up with the next thing that comes along. Most likely with something you don’t want, especially in our current world energies.
This depends if you are someone that shields and protects your energy field. But either way, it’s a great practice to remember.
Setting intentions in this way is a great hack to manifesting in microdoses using the law of attraction.
The key is to focus on what you want, not what you don’t want.
We often are setting negative intentions with our thoughts and words every day without even noticing it.
You are constantly playing with your energy and the energy around you, transforming it. You can’t see it, but you can feel it through your emotions.
It’s a subtle, yet powerful practice.
There are so many different ways to set intentions!
We all express and manifest so uniquely and that is what makes being human fun. I encourage you to find what feels right for you!
I personally prefer the more specific in-the-moment intention setting and feel that I can do those more easily than remembering to write things down on a schedule.
Here are a few ideas for less micro-specific intention setting:
- Set goals and write them down
- Make checklists
- Do a daily ritual to set your intentions for the whole day
- Walk around your home, cleansing your space while you speak your intentions out loud
- Set intentions through your calender for each day, week, month
- Use crystals to set intentions (they are living beings)
- Use the new moon and full moon to set your bi-weekly or monthly intentions
- Use your words and your throat chakra. Use “I am” and “I have” statements.
- Visualize your intentions throughout your day.
- Feel it. Get into your emotions of what it would feel like.
- Take Action. Do something to get you closer to accomplishing your intention.
- Breathe. Breathe in your intention, breathe out blockages.
How do you set intentions for yourself?
Is it on this list or do you have another method?
Let me know in the comments!